Friday, December 19, 2014

Oregon Survival Kit


This is my Oregon Survival Kit.  I carry it where ever I go because I have needed one or more of the items every day.

Flashlight and umbrella are the number one priorities

  1. Phone charger - cold and altitude sucks the life right out of a cell phone battery
  2. Hat - random snow storms
  3. Dry socks - cause it rains here
  4. Flashlight - I live in the middle of the woods and walk everywhere.  It gets freaking dark.  I've been caught without a flashlight much to my vivid imagination.  Try walking in the woods when it's so dark you can't see your hand in front of your face.  It's scary.
  5. Umbrella - most Oregonians think an umbrella is for sissies.  Well, I'm a sissy.  If I have my winter coat on, I don't want to swap out into my raincoat.  I'll take my umbrella, thank you.
  6. Raincoat - for the same reason as above.  It rains every day.  Sometimes a raincoat works better than an umbrella
  7. Gloves - it's a damp cold here and I like my gloves
  8. Reusable grocery bag - you never know when you are going to stop at store
  9. Backpack - I've come to terms with the fact that I am a grown-ass adult who has to carry a backpack all the time regardless of where I live since I don't drive a car anymore.
  10. Bus pass (not pictured) - obvious reasons

No comments: