Thursday, January 1, 2015

2014 Year in Review


In 2013, my Sketchbook Project revolved around my travels and ended with asking "2014 Where will you take me? What dreams will come true?"  2013 was amazing travel-wise coming in with 10 trips, including San Francisco, Portland, and Minneapolis.  I wasn't sure if 2014 could top it.  It did!  Why?  Because I got to live in the places I traveled to which meant I got to experience more of what the area offered.  Plus one of the places was my #1 Bucket List place (Alaska) and I got my first stamp in my passport (Mexico).

Travels for 2014:
Finished a 2 year stint in Chicago
2 weeks at home with kids
6 months in Denali area Alaska with side trips to Anchorage, Talkeetna, Fairbanks and Barrow
2 weeks in Sayulita and Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
2 months of a 5 month stay on Mt. Hood, Oregon in a little town called Zigzag

Dreams that Came True:
Visited/lived in Alaska
Visited the northern most part of US (Barrow)
Saw a polar bear in the wild
Traveled outside of US
Lived by myself for the first time in my life
Worked in a resort (two, in fact)
Started to seriously learn another language (Spanish)
Wrote a book


Now what will 2015 bring?

No comments: