Thursday, October 30, 2014

Time for a New Place

It has been forever since I wrote on this blog.  Much to my shame as I like writing.  I have so many posts to write: stuff about Portland, Minneapolis, Milwaukee and many many things about Chicago and Alaska.

But for now, I'm heading off on my next adventure.  From this gorgeous place:

To this gorgeous place:

Hola Mexico!  I will be spending the next 2 weeks at the sunny beach town of Sayulita and the city of Puerto Vallarta.  I can't wait.  I've never had a burning desire to go to Mexico until a coworker recommended the town she's been going to for years.  I've held the stereotypical belief of "unsafe Mexico" in my head.  She's convinced me she feels completely safe there.  Plus numerous blogs I read love Mexico too (Globetrotter Girls, Hecktic Travels, Married with Luggage etc.)  Bad things happen everywhere.

So...my first foreign solo trip in about to start.  November 3.  Mexico, here I come, after a brief stop in Barrow, Alaska.  I have got to try and fulfill my Bucket List item of seeing polar bears in the wild.  Going to Barrow is what drove me to Alaska.  More on that later.

P.S  I've been trying the language method invented by Benny at Fluent in 3 Months with some added advice from Mish at Making It Anywhere in order to learn some Spanish.  I think its working.  I've only been at it for three days.  Already I understood some of the words on Jane the Virgin tv show and in the novel I'm reading.  I'm also thinking in Spanish.  When I look at something or say something that I know the word for in Spanish, my brain repeats it in Spanish.  Woohoo.

No comments: