Saturday, November 22, 2014

The Color of Beach Town Mexico


As a newcomer to foreign travel, there are so many things to first notice when you arrive in Mexico.  I'm going to start with my favorite thing - the beautiful color.  In my world, Mexico has long been known for it's colorful clothes, blankets and decorations.  To see it firsthand and the extent to which color is displayed is amazing.  I fell in love and had to stop myself from photographing everything.

Color is not restricted to just formal artwork.  It covers buildings, textiles, walkways, piers, furniture, you name it.

Puerto Vallarta

 Puerto Vallarta artwork is fantastic.  Restraint stopped me from buying multiple paintings from the street artists.  How would I take it home?  They offered several ways; however, I don't have a permanent home to display which would be sad.



 

 Punta de Mita

A group of us took a day trip to Punta de Mita, a small beach town north of Puerto Vallarta. This mural is huge and jazzes up a crappy looking parking lot.  I wish now that I had gotten more and better photos.


Sayulita

Sayulita is a small beach town about an hour's drive north of Puerto Vallarta.  It is a beautiful sleepy town with a punch.  It has a little bit of everything but with a slowness expected from a beach vacation spot.  I spent 9 days lounging on it's beaches and enjoying every minute of it. 



I was amazed at the elaborate cemetery. I don't think there was one grave that did not have colorful decorations and flowers.







No comments: