Thursday, November 17, 2011

What's in a Name?

In deciding on a blog name, I made a list of possibilities and ran them by Megan.  She vetoed all of them and suggested The Adventure List.  I realized how perfect that would be.  Our blog's name started a couple years before the blog itself.  About 3 years ago, Megan and I dropped my son off at college for his freshman year.  On the way back while eating dinner, we started talking about all the stuff we could or wanted to do now.  So we made a list with a timeline.  We named this list: The Adventure List and posted it on our refrigerator.

The items on our list ranged from as simple as ordering dessert before dinner to as extensive as going to Europe for spring break.  Most of the items we have accomplished.  We've also added a few to the initial list.

When I decided to start this blog, we had already started a list of possible countries to visit for our pending world travels.  We are a family of list makers.  We thrive on lists.  So the name The Adventure List fits perfectly.

1 comment:

linda said...

I love lists too! I find that writing these adventures down, brings me closer to fruition.